Benefits of Sustainable Business
Sustainable business is all about creating a business that not only makes a profit now but that is setup to continue to grow and flourish in a world of increasingly scarce resources. Doing things the sustainable way will help protect your business and the environment now and for the next generation.
Consumers want sustainability...
An international study of 20,000 consumers published in 2017 by Unilever found:
- A third of consumers (33%) are now choosing to buy from brands they believe are doing social or environmental good.
- An estimated €966 billion opportunity exists for brands that make their sustainability credentials clear.
- Of Unilever’s hundreds of brands, those that have integrated sustainability into both their purpose and products are growing 69% faster than the rest of the business.
Businesses want sustainability...
According to the 2016 B2B Pulse survey by Shelton:
- Over three quarters (77%) of business decision makers state that a supplier’s environmental performance or sustainability record is an important factor in product selection
- Over half (57%) include sustainability-related questions in their purchasing Requests For Proposal.
According to the latest Dodge Green Building Trends survey
- 90% of firms worked on green projects in 2018, with the proportion of these expected to grow.
- The most important trigger for green building activity was “Client Demand”.?
Employees want sustainability...
A 2015 study of employees across the UK published by Global Tolerance found that:
- Almost half the UK workforce (42%) now want to work for an organisation that has a positive impact on the world
- This figure rose to 62% for the “millennials” generation, those born between 1981 and 1996.
- Meaningful work that benefitted others was more important than a high salary for 44% of participants, rising to 50% for millennials.